Jan 15, 2013

My Projects for January & February

So proud of myself I completed two of my projects this month already. They were so much fun to do and I thought they came out great. The menu board was a bit different. I'm not sure what happened with the frame I don't think it was true to size it seemed smaller than 11x14 I had to make some adjustments but overall I'm happy with the outcome.

Project #1 - Menu Planning Board




My Inspiration

I'm desperate to find ways to help with dinner time around this house. It's so crazy. I've never had to meal plan before but my husband has always been on me about our meals so I wanted to try to find something that I could use that would be easy, fun and cheap. So by a wonderful surprise I came across a tutorial on youtube on how to make this awesome menu planning board.



I was in heaven! This was going to be the perfect solution. I had looked on etsy and saw something similar I was actually thinking of buying that was $60 YIKES! So I watched the tutorial Sarah from Making Life Simple did and she walked you through step by step and made it look so easy. So this is definitely going to be a fun project to work on.



Project #2 - Weekly Planner



My Inspiration

This next project is one that I really have been wanting to do for almost a year now. I know crazy huh? It started when I met a sweet Mom, Kristy through a Moms playgroup the boys and I are a member of.  I was over her house for a play date and saw this adorable weekly planner hanging on her wall in her entry way.  It was made from a picture frame I actually had at home in the closet ( funny right!) I asked where she bought that and she said she made it herself from scrapbook paper and stickers etc. I thought It would be perfect for our family in keeping up with our crazy weekly schedule. A few months later  while looking on youtube again for tutorials I came across a popular youtuber Mom named Jenni from candidmommy who posted a tutorial on how to make a weekly planner and she showed this exact same picture of Kristy's for her inspiration. It was too funny! Since then I have seen this picture all over pinterest and youtube and several other people have made tutorials and blogs about making one as well. So Kristy is quite the star as she should be this is such a cute idea! I hope mine will come out half as darling as this one!

Here's links to a few other video tutorials I found